The Guidelines Group remains active, and continues to work closely with Myeloma UK in the development of guidelines and position statements.
Current live publications produced by the Group include:
- Guidelines on the diagnosis, investigation and initial treatment of myeloma 2021
- Use of imaging in the management of patients with multiple myeloma. July 2017
- Guidelines for screening and management of late and long-term consequences of myeloma and its treatment. January 2017
- AL amyloid guidelines (diagnosis and management) October 2014
- Investigation of newly detected M-proteins and the management of MGUS September 2009
Current work plans
The UKMF Guidelines Group is currently working on a guideline for treatment of relapsed and refractory patients and good progress has been made towards publication.
Plans are also in place to produce UKMF Good Practice Papers (GPPs) on the investigation and management of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS), a separate GPP on the investigation and management of monoclonal gammopathy of renal significance (MGRS) and a GPP/guideline on management of smouldering myeloma. Work on these GPPs has begun within the last year.
Dr Simon Stern
Chair of UKMF Guidelines Group